Have You Experienced a Bicycle Accident Due to Driver
Negligence and Need Help?
Call the Personal Injury Attorneys at The Law Offices of Tim O’Hare
972-960-0000 or Toll-Free 888-960-0020
Adherence to all traffic laws is essential to the safety of any cyclist, yet anyone riding a bicycle must also rely on motorists to obey traffic laws and drive attentively as well in order to avoid a bicycle accident. Unfortunately, cyclists are injured or killed every day in bicycle accidents due to driver negligence. Recent studies of bicycle accident settlements demonstrate a prejudice against cyclists. Settlements for injuries suffered in cars are often up to 30% to 40% higher than for the same type of injuries suffered by cyclists. The personal injury attorneys at The Law Offices of Tim O’Hare refuse to accept discrimination against cyclists.
Get the Personal Injury Legal Representation You Need
Collect the Money Damages You Deserve from Your Bicycle Accident
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident, you may be entitled to substantial money damages for your injuries, even in a case involving what may appear to you to be a minor injury. You can recover any medical expenses you have incurred as a result of your bicycle accident injury such as: doctor and hospital bills, medications, therapy, and all other related medical expenses, as well as any future medical expenses you reasonably expect to incur. You can also recover for the physical pain and suffering you have sustained, your mental and emotional anguish, your lost wages, benefits and other compensation, any loss of your future earning capacity, and the future diminishment of your enjoyment of life experienced as a result of your bicycle accident. In certain cases, where the wrongdoer's conduct is extreme and outrageous, you may be entitled to collect punitive damages to punish the wrongdoer and to prevent the misconduct from being repeated in the future.
Common Contributing Factors of Bicycle Accidents Resulting from Driver Negligence
- The driver of a car turns directly in front of a bicyclist.
- The driver of a car enters the street from a driveway or parking spot and pulls out into traffic in front of the bicyclist.
- The driver of a car fails to yield at an intersection or runs a stop sign or red light.
- The driver of a car is simply not paying attention while driving past a bicyclist.
- The driver of a car fails to look both ways at a stop sign.
- The driver of a car is under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
Other Types of Negligence Resulting in Bicycle Accident Injuries
- Defective products
- Negligent manufacturing or assembly
Be aware! Many times the driver's insurance company and their lawyers will try to blame YOU by claiming that your negligence caused the accident. You need an aggressive, experienced personal injury attorney on your side to ensure your rights are protected.
What to Do If You Have Been Involved in a Bicycle Accident
- Call the police immediately.
- Do not leave the scene of the accident before help arrives.
- Gather names and telephone numbers of any witnesses.
- DO NOT make any statements to the driver or his/her insurance company.
- Call a qualified and experienced personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
If you have any questions, please contact The Law Offices of Tim O'Hare for a free initial consultation with an experienced Dallas personal injury attorney. Call us at 972-960-0000 or Toll-Free at 888-960-0020.