Are you facing a business matter and wondering if you should hire a lawyer? While many people attempt to navigate the legal process on their own, it’s worth the investment of hiring a business lawyer to ensure you don’t face greater expenses or legal hassles down the road — such as bankruptcy.
Here are a five ways a business lawyer can help you:
• Determine the best legal structure for your business. How do you know if you need to form an LLC or a corporation, or enter into a partnership agreement? A business lawyer will walk you through the pros and cons of various business structures and help you determine the best legal structure for your business. Once you determine the legal structure that is the best fit for your business, a business attorney will help you register the paperwork to get your business off the ground.
• Creating contracts and non-disclosure agreements. Contracts and non-disclosure agreements (NDAs) are a normal part of every business. A business attorney can draw up these documents for you, ensuring all of your bases are covered and that you are protected in the event of a disagreement or fallout with an employee or client.
• Filing a patent. Patents are time consuming and take years to get through the approval process. They are also very expensive. In some cases, a patent may not provide any real advantages to you or your business. A business lawyer will evaluate your product and help you determine if a patent is necessary or beneficial.
• Buying or selling a business. When it comes time to buy or sell a business, you need a lawyer on your side who can help negotiate agreements and contracts. If your business is a partnership or LLC with multiple owners, you will need a buy-sell agreement in place from the beginning to protect you in the event one owner wishes to transfer ownership, or if one owner dies.
• Litigation. It isn’t uncommon for businesses to face lawsuits buy customers, or even current or former employees. A business lawyer will help you navigate the legal process and work to help you achieve the best possible outcome.
Business lawyers save their clients time and money. They help to ensure protection for a business owner from liability and business taxes. If you are a business owner, or are planning to start a business, choose a business lawyer who can help you with any legal issues you may face. Contact the experienced legal team at The Law Offices of Tim O’Hare for help with any business legal issues.
Call The Law Offices of Tim O’Hare for your FREE Case Evaluation
972-960-0000 or Toll-Free 888-960-0020