By Tim O’Hare
In 1873, a group of 40 Dallas-area lawyers founded the Dallas Bar Association with the purpose of supporting a literary undertaking and maintenance of a legal library. Since its inception, more than 135 years ago, the Dallas Bar Association (DBA) has been dedicated to continuing education for its lawyer members, public service programs and improving the administration of justice.
For Dallas area attorneys, The Dallas Bar Association provides a number of resources and membership benefits such as:
- Attorneys in the Dallas area can continue their education with more than 350 continuing legal education (CLE) courses offered each year by the DBA. These courses are offered free of charge to DBA members.
- The Senior Lawyers Committee provides mentoring services to attorneys.
- Lawyers can participate in the DBA’s Lawyer Referral Service Panel, which connects inquiring individuals with an attorney.
The DBA also provides services to the public.
- On the DBA website, there are community legal resources and consumer tips for the public.
- There are also fee dispute and grievance procedures and information on how the legal system works.
- Individuals who need legal assistance can take advantage of the Lawyer Referral Service or have legal questions answered by volunteer attorneys on LegalLine.
Whether a Dallas attorney or a member of the public, The Dallas Bar Association exists to ensure outstanding legal service is provided in Dallas. Continuing education is an important component of practicing law, and the DBA provides easy access to continuing education courses to help attorneys maintain their professional licenses.
The resources available to the public set an expectation of excellence that Dallas attorneys are encouraged to reach. The public has access to quality legal aid, and the DBA works with thousands of area attorneys to ensure legal aid is available to anyone who needs it.
Tim O’Hare is also on the Public Forum Committee of the Dallas Bar Association.
If you have been injured in a car accident, suffered injury on someone else’s property, or experienced an injury or illness in some other manner, contact The Law Offices of Tim O’Hare for a free initial consultation with an experienced Dallas personal injury attorney. Call us at 972-960-0000 or Toll-Free 888-960-0020.